Jointly developed by Sage UK in partnership with Skillsfirst, this RQF Accredited Qualification could help you to become a Payroll Assistant, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Administrator, Assistant Accountant or in another similar job role.
* Once you have purchased this course – Please allow up to 24 hours in order to receive your login details. Usually this is much sooner, but there are occasions that the email may take some time to generate.
What subjects are covered?
You will study three mandatory units organised accross a knowledge unit and a skills unit. These two units will give you an excellent start in understanding payroll administration and control.
- Making gross pay calculations
- Payroll preparation
- Computerised payroll administration
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50c Payroll software for six months – extensions to the software are available for a small extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials with self-test activities, videos and tutorials.
- Practice simulations if you want to undertake some further exercises.
- Formative and summative testing that can be done in your own time at your own home.
What is the study mode?
All course materials and activities are provided online as a self-study course and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference.
How long will it take?
This course usually requires 60 hours of study. You could do this in 7 weeks if you wanted to study one day per week. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
How are you assessed?
You must complete three mandatory units and earn nine credits to gain certification. To achieve these credits, you will complete self-assessments and practice tests, followed by final online assessments which can be undertaken in your own home at a time of your choice.
What qualification do you receive?
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a Computerised Payroll for Business Qualification and certification at Level One from Sage UK and Skillsfirst.
What could you do after this course?
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Skillsfirst RQF Computerised Payroll for Business Level 2 Qualification.
Sage software is not compatible with Windows XP or Apple Macs – unless you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple’s Boot Camp utility. There is a link to further technical requirements for this software: